1. What is the development level of pig artificial insemination technology at this stage? What are the gaps between China and other developed countries of pig artificial insemination technology?
At this stage, China's pig artificial insemination technology can be said to be in the stage of promotion and use. The utilization rate of large-scale pig farms (more than 50 sows in stock) nationwide is about 50%. This technology has relatively high requirements on the quality and ability of users. Although most pig farms accept artificial insemination technology, due to various conditions, the effect of this technology has not been well reflected in actual use. Cross-breeding or artificial insemination combined with this method. In recent years, some companies have established boar stations throughout the country to promote artificial insemination technology. However, due to the lack of quality assurance of breeding pigs, immature management and service technologies, they have not been widely accepted and the promotion effect is not satisfactory.
At present, in countries where artificial insemination technology is developed, the quality of employees is relatively high. The technology has also developed into an independent industry. It is operated by specialized companies with well-equipped equipment. The service radius of each boar station is 500 kilometers. Sow breeding grounds do not raise or raise very small numbers of boars for trial purposes.
2. What training should pig artificial insemination technicians receive?
The quality of technical staff is the main factor limiting the use of artificial insemination techniques in pigs. At present, the main reason for the low utilization rate of this technology in China is that the sperm died due to inadequate detailed processing during the collection, dilution, storage and transportation of semen. Inaccurate estrus identification and improper insemination treatment led to sows using artificial insemination. The conception rate is relatively low. Therefore, pig artificial insemination technicians should receive some training in the basic knowledge of breeding physiology, influencing factors of semen quality, and details of pig artificial insemination operations. In addition, in sow estrus identification, the experience summary is also important.
3. What precautions should be taken during sperm collection to ensure semen quality?
1. The sperm collection cup must have the functions of avoiding light and keeping warm; avoid using transparent glass as the sperm collection cup. Cover the filter paper before use and preheat to 38 ° C.
2. Shorten the foreskin coat and squeeze out the accumulated urine in the foreskin. First clean the abdomen and foreskin of the boar with water after disinfecting with a low concentration of disinfectant, and then wipe dry. It is necessary to ensure that the pig body is clean and prevent foreign matter from falling into the sperm collection cup. When the sperm is collected, the position of the sperm collection cup should be higher than the foreskin to prevent the liquid in the foreskin from flowing into the collection cup.
3. Don't let go during the ejaculation process, otherwise the pressure will reduce the interruption of the ejaculation, and the tightness of the palm can be adjusted appropriately so that more high-quality semen can be collected. Be careful not to touch the penis body during sperm collection, otherwise the penis will retract quickly.
4. At first, clear part of the semen is ejected (about 5-10ml), and it will be collected when milky white semen appears.
5. The storage time of the original semen should not exceed 30 minutes, and quality inspection and dilution should be performed immediately.
6. If it is green, it is mixed with pus, if it is light red or reddish brown, it is mixed with blood, and yellow is urine. Any abnormally colored semen, indicating impure semen or boars with reproductive tract lesions, should be discarded.
7, pay attention to the frequency of boar use, generally young boars once a week, adult boars twice a week.